Monday, March 3rd
I'm having a hard time getting a tan because its just too hot to sit in the sun! I guess January was a nice cool month, too bad it didn't work out for me to be here then...Sure could have gotten more work done with cooler days! Its so hot I can't really do much outside, the sweat just rolls down my face and I hate that.. I'm almost bored because I can't do much.
Well it was a sad day today, yep, I finished the last of my homemade blackberry jelly, boy do I wish I could have had the time to make more before I left! All they have here is strawberry, I guess I'll see how good that is..
So the donkey horse seems to like any too old fruit and even banana peels and watermelon rind. Until I get a compost area he's gonna take care of stuff like that!
Well this weeks excitement was the small Gecko that dropped from my ceiling! I'm so glad he didn't drop 10 minutes earlier when I wasn't here yet and crawled into one of my food or storage boxes! Or worse yet dropped on the table where I sit or even on my head!! I was making morning coffee when I heard something land on the plastic garbage bag I use to cover my dishes that sit on top of my little fridge.. When I went to see what it was, there was this lizard. I thought aw geeze what am I going to do now, I figured if I tried to scoop him up on the bag, he's run fast, but I had no choice, so I put my gloves on and quickly picked up the corners and scooped him up and ran outside in the new addition to the doorway and tossed him down below (the foundation sits about 4 feet up off the ground). He wasn't moving too fast so maybe he was sick or something, thank goodness!! I noticed later he was gone.
I also have small Iguana living in a pile of brick out back. Much smaller than my toilet Iguana, which is in one of my video's. (that one was about 2 feet long) this little guy is probably 10-12 inches..much smaller.
They sure eat a lot of tortillas here. They can't understand when I eat only one or 2.. the ladies eat from 6-10 and the guys from 10-15 (at least). and they don't use silverware, the tortilla is the silverware. I'm the only one eating my beans with a spoon! And when I went to lunch at Linda and Xavier's grandma's yesterday, we had yummy chicken tostada's and of course, no silverware in sight.. a lot of finger licking and the salt is always in a container (everywhere, homes and restaurants!) and you (and everyone else) just use your fingers to get a pinch.. No Pepsi down here either, just Coke..
This week I got a bite (mosquito??) on my earlobe, I am so sorry I didn't bring my little bug bite pen. The stuff they have here is useless, doesn't stop the itching at all.
Well this sure has been a time of sadness. The lives of 2 more beautiful ladies so young, both in their 30's, taken away from their loving family's... one with 2 young kids.. One from cancer and one from pneumonia. I just lost 2 beautiful friends to cancer weeks before I left. I know its inevitable, but I still wish they and all of us could just live till we are really old and more ready after living long full lives. Its just so tragic. My thoughts are with all of them, my dear husband and all of those taken from us too soon..
Monday March 17th, Boy is time flying. I kept forgetting to add my post to the blog every time I would come to the internet. Just so much happening and so much on my mind.. Now I'm packing up and I leave in 3 days!! I got my sidewalk temporarily done and my leveled parking area out front is done. The retaining wall got finished and I had the back hoe in one more time to fill in around it and somewhat level the area and move a bunch of the leftover gravel into the new driveway onto my property, Its all in my videos.
On Wednesday the 12th it was Linda's birthday and they took me with them to Platanitos, one of their favorites beaches that they took me to last time I was down here, and we had a nice family lunch with cake and mariachi, there was 9 of us and lots of food. Sunday they took me to Chacala for lunch and I ended up buying a Hammock for $20. Wish I had it earlier! Its a real nice one too. Even though it means I now have to sleep on the airport bench instead of getting a motel for the night of my layover in Portland.
I really hate to come home to reality and bills. I can't wait to figure out how to come back soon as I can.
Its gonna take quite a bit more money to get this place livable so I better start buying a few more lottery tickets.
I did get a pretty good tan I think, but of course its only a farmers tan. Its will probably look darker once I get back with all you white people!
Linda and Xavier are taking me to Puerto Vallarta to the airport Thursday and we will stop in Guayabitos, my favorite, for lunch on the way. I'll be sure to get a video of that beach too.
Well this is the last post until I get home, then I'll start adding the videos and they tell a whole lot more than my posts! See ya real soon!!
Sounds like fun. I would even brave the heat to go to Mexico.
ReplyDeleteSue,
ReplyDeleteIf you get this call us, there is a Nydigger/Sherman family reunion in August at Jeannie Mann's place. Give us a call, you place looks like fun. We would love to come see you sometime. We stay in NM in the winter.
541-937-8047
Love Lee and Darline