So, Sunday night the 24th, I got home to mom's after being at the internet cafe all afternoon (actually its not a cafe, they don't serve anything but don't know what else to call it!) and there was a big pot of Camarones (shrimp) I was so hungry so I took about a dozen or so (thumb size) cause I love shrimp! Well somewhere in the early morning I got heartburn bad so I took a Tums, then later I may as well have slept in the bathroom. I never threw up (thank goodness!) so I don't think they were bad, they just didn't agree with me. I got up at 6:30 and headed over to my place to let the workers in to get their tools and slept all day, just getting up every couple of hours to let the workers know I was still keeping an eye on them. Chino was gone that day. I am so glad I brought my lounge chair to have some place to lay down! After the workers left I went straight home and went to bed. About 10:00 that night mom came in all worried of course, and rubbed something on my back and gave me a bottle of Pedialyte. I could only drink a few swallows.
Tuesday morning I went to my Casa as usual at 7:00 and went right to sleep again. Chino was here today and kept coming in and telling me to get that bottle of Pedialyte drank up. I could only swallow a little bit at a time. After work, I went to the internet cafe to try to get my departure date changed and ended up spending $40 bucks for an 800 number call to Alaska Airlines. The call wouldn't go thru from mom's house and at the internet cafe its 50 cents a minute. They were having some kind of trouble getting it changed and being on hold for 50 cents a minute was really stressing me out! Finally she just said well check your email tomorrow and if the reservation is not there, you will have to call back. When I went home that night I thought... Hey I think I'm hungry, so I went in to fix something bland like Ramen noodles. I was so hungry I couldn't wait the 3 minutes for them to cook and drank a cup of milk, it tasted so good and when I went to sit down to eat my Ramen, I took one bit and could hardly swallow it. I forced down about 2 more bits and that was it, I wasn't hungry anymore and went right to bed. I am feeling fine and never really felt sick, just tired!! and can't eat much...(like that's gonna hurt me!)
Wednesday, I actually got up in the afternoon and ate almost a whole small banana and now able to drink orange juice and milk. Later I ate a half of P B & J!! So in the afternoon I went to the internet cafe to check for my reservation and it was not there. So luckily, James, my new friend and family that adopted me in Coos Bay, had got me on Instant Messenger and he happen to be online, I had him make the call for me and then he had to call the internet cafe with 3 way calling so I could give permission to Alaska to have him work with my acct. Well that phone call was so bad, the guy that was working there that day had the volume on it so loud I couldn't make out anything ( I didn't know how to say “{how do you turn the volume down on this phone” in Spanish!!) and James had to IM me what he was saying then I would speak and I guess they could hear me fine cause they let him give all my information like credit card info and such. So we IM'ed back and forth on the computer while he was giving them the information they needed and got it all taken care of. So my return flight leaves's Puerto Vallarta on the 20th and I get home on the 21st around 11:30 am, I think..with a bummer of an all night layover in Portland. I may try to get a motel for that night.
Thursday, I had a small bowl of beans and a tortilla and thought I was doing pretty good now, so that night I made the mistake of getting a hamburger at the local burger stand and If I just hadn't eaten the whole thing I know I would be feeling better. I just hated to leave half or take it with me so I stuffed myself and my stomach hasn't stopped hurting since and its Sunday now! Man I just don't seem to have a brain.. I am eating a couple small meals a day now, but my stomach still feels like someone socked me in the stomach and Alkaseltzer helps but I didn't bring a full box and I don't know what kind of Alkaseltzer they have here in Mexico, seems like everything is just a bit different than what we get in the states..
Ya know, I have not seen anyone with a kitchen sink here, (of course there are some nice places here and I have not seen inside them...) they all have those outdoor wash bins and after you carry your dishes out to it, you scrub your dishes with a soapy loofah, you hold one dish in one hand and dip a plastic container in the water with your other hand to rinse the dishes, with cold water of course. I am going to have a kitchen and bathroom sink and I think I may have mentioned I'm gong to use several hundred feet of black pipe for solar hot water ( for the shower too!!) thats going to work great, as long as I can hide it on the roof well, so it doesn't get stolen..
You rarely have to go shopping here for food. There are lots of traveling vendors that drive around the neighborhood and they each have a certain beep, like the tortilla guys beeps his horn 4 times each half block so you know he's coming He has a Ice chest strapped to the back of his little motorbike and sells from there, he just goes home and gets more when he's out. And the Ice cream truck has that musical recording like they do in the states with those little Ice cream trucks.. The breads guy drives a van and has some recording of the types of breads and sweet rolls he is selling.., and I didn't see the cheese guy this morning so don't know what he drives.. The fruit and vegetable guys drives a truck filled with all kinds of stuff, lots of variety.. and has a small weigh scale on the back and a tarp over the back like a canopy..who knows what other vendors I haven't seen yet. They also have pick-up's selling mattress's, which every mattress I have slept on here (motels and mom's) are soooo hard they have no cushioning ...but they seems to make a great fence when they are burned with the springs that are left!!!
Well, the final wall is getting started tomorrow, the foundation is done and the bricks go up next. Sure wish I could do the floor and roof, but no way...no Dinero!
Hi Sue, sorry to read that you have been sick. Hope you get well soon. So it looks like you are returning to the states March 21st. Your house it Coos Bay will seem luxurious! I am going to Hawaii from March 10-April 22, John is sending me there for a rest and to visit our children and grandchild. I have been taking care of my mother and have worn myself out. (John has been helping a lot too). It's been cold here, enjoy the warm weather while you can! Sincerely, Laura Holbrook
ReplyDelete